Ever After Polish is an indie polish maker that sells polish, mani bombs, cuticle crelly, and other nail and beauty goodies. According to their site, “Ever After Polish is a collection of polishes designed by two friends using the inspiration of things they love! All polishes are designed and handmade using high quality “5 free” and cruelty free ingredients.” Another thing I love about them is that they’re very accessible and responsive to their customers. You can visit them at: http://everafterpolish.bigcartel.com/
I ordered their All In Cuticle Crelly sampler after falling in love with one of their cuticle crelly samples that was included in a package sent to me by a friend. I really enjoyed the scent (Intuition, which I’ll talk more about later), as well as the size of the sample- small enough to easily put in my makeup bag or purse for the day, but with plenty of product to get many uses out of it and really get a “feel” for the product. Perhaps most importantly, it did a great job of adding moisture to my cuticles. They felt and looked better right away.
The All In Crelly Sampler contained 28 different cuticle crelly samples (in 5g jars) for $10. I’m the kind of person who would rather have a variety of minis instead of one full size item so that I can change up my scent, color, etc. as often as I please, so this set was perfect for me. I may have ordered two sets…I think these will also be perfect for gifting if I do polish related gift bags, or to include in giveaways. Although the set is currently out of stock, it will be coming back to the site soon, with 22 samples for $10, and I highly recommend it. It’s a great value for the amount of product, and a fantastic way to find new scents to love.
Below I’ve listed all 28 scents from my All In Sampler, as well as details if they are new, retiring, or a returning scents. I’m also including Ever After’s description in italics (for every scent that has one right now), and my quick thoughts. I realize this is a very text heavy post, so I’ll try to keep it brief.
- Apple- Green apple balanced with sweet sugared candy
Has a great balance of sweet and sour. It really does smell just like a green apple, fresh and a bit tangy.
- Banana- Fun, tropical enjoyment of banana
This one totally reminds me of Banana Runts and Banana Creme Pie!
- Barber Shop- Vibrant Bergamot and fresh basil leaf are complimented by earthy notes of Oakmoss and white patchouli
I think of this one as very traditionally masculine scent. This is one of the strongest smelling ones, definitely with a degree of muskiness to it. If you don’t like strong scents, this one may not be for you.
- Blueberry- Just picked sweet, juicy blueberry
This one has a sugary sweetness to it, reminding me of blue berry muffins or pancakes with blueberry syrup.
- Brown Sugar Fig- (RETIRING) Rich brown sugar blended with sweet, ripe fig
This one is a more subtle scent, which is really nice. It has a hint of fruit, and a hint of sweet. You can smell the fig, which is not a scent I would think of in a beauty product, but definitely enjoyed.
- Bubble Gum- A nostalgic, childhood favorite of bubblegum – berries with sugary goodness
Smells just a piece of sweet, sticky, traditional bubble gum.
- Candy Crush- Sweet banana and juicy kiwi are perfectly blended with lemon sugar and vanilla
The candy name is very accurate. This one also reminds me of runts, except more of the overall blend. It really captures that sweet smell of fruit-flavored candies.
- Carmel Pecan- (RETURNING) Mouth-watering blend of caramel, salted pecans, and rich creamy butter
For some reason I can’t help but think of candles, probably because I love this type of scent in candles, especially in the winter. I half expect to see caramel turtle pecan clusters somewhere nearby.
- Cherry Blossom- (RETURNING) No description yet, to be released as part of the spring collection
Cherry Blossom is very fresh, flowery, and light. It’s a natural floral that I find to be very realistic, rather than being overpowered and over-saturated. It really smells just like cherry blossoms.
- Cotton Candy- (RETURNING) Fresh, sugary scent of cotton candy just made at the fair
Perfectly captures the smell of spun sugar. I’d think it was a jar of concentrated sugar if I didn’t know better.
- Fruit Cake- Candied Fruit Spices Cake and Liquor just like grandma made
Despite its bad rap, I happen to love the fruitcake my family has every year. And this smells just like it. It’s candied fruit and baked goods rolled into one. What’s not to love?
- Hocus Pocus- (RETIRING) A celebration of patchouli, cinnamon and cedarwood
There are clear musky notes, mixed in with the touch of cinnamon. I felt like this was a very neutral scent in the sense that it was neither masculine or feminine. Hocus Pocus is definitely unique, versatile, and interesting.
- Honeysuckle and Nectar- (NEW) No description yet, to be released as part of the spring collection
This one is a stronger floral, but doesn’t feel too heavily perfumed. It has a clean freshness to it. Almost reminds me of floral dryer sheets, but more natural.
- Hot Buttered Rum- Baking vanilla and simmered rum, topped with fresh whipped cream, a sprinkle of nutmeg and a sweet dash of toasted coconut
I can probably smell the coconut, nutmeg, and butter the most in this one. It’s a very sweet, complex blend of smells.
- Intuition- (RETIRING) A masculine blend of cedarwood and sandalwood with rich musk
Intuition was my first crelly, and one of my favorites. It’s a rich, more masculine scent. It’s definitely something different from my normal preferences, but I really like this one.
- Lavender- (RETURNING) No description yet, to be released as part of the spring collection
A true to lavender smell. To be honest, I don’t really like lavender, but this one smells like the real thing, and isn’t overwhelming like a lot of lavender products tend to be for me. Lavender lovers will really enjoy this one.
- Let’s Get Dirty- (NEW) A citrusy blend of dirt and earth and citrus fruit (to be released as part of the spring collection)
To have a scent that smells like dirt seems a bit odd, until you try it. The citrus really balances it out, for an earthy but refreshing scent.
- Man’s Man- Masculinity abounds with this unique blend of bergamot, mandarin, fresh mint and clary sage, musk, wood and tonka bean
It’s not the same scent as intuition, but that same feeling of being a masculine scent without being overpowering. There’s a hint of sweetness, along with the mint, that adds an interesting twist.
- Peppermint Kisses- It’s the fragrance of icy cool peppermint. Fresh and minty and totally peppermint
This doesn’t really need any additional description. It smells exactly like peppermint, and exactly as described: fresh, minty, and cool!
- Pink Champagne-(NEW) Fresh apricot is intertwined with rich brandy, winter berries and Christmas bubbly
I feel like you really can smell notes of all the scents included. Despite the brandy and the berries, it is still light, and smells fresh.
- Pumpkin Pie- A classic and enticing blend of pumpkin puree, freshly ground nutmeg and a pie crust accord
Hello, Thanksgiving! You can really smell the nutmeg, which complements the pumpkin really well. Much like the pie is for your tastebuds, it’s a delicious treat for your cuticles.
- Red Hibiscus Acai- (RETURNING) Bright and colorful hibiscus with notes of currant, acai, plumeria, jasmine and amber
The berry is probably strongest here, but you get notes of all the scents. It definitely has some depth and complexity to it.
- Rose Garden- (NEW) No description yet, to be released as part of the spring collection
This floral is a lighter scent, and very natural. It smells like real roses, not an artificial recreation. It’s subtle but romantic.
- Strawberry- (NEW) The essence of perfectly ripe strawberries just picked off the vine
Smells exactly like fresh strawberries. I really like it because strawberry products often smell too sweet and artificial, which is not the case here. Really must be fresh off the vine.
- Sugar Cookie- Just like mom use to make – yummy cookies made with sugar and vanilla and fresh from the oven
This one is right out of the oven. There’s a really good balance of vanilla and sugar, which keeps the sugar from being too overpowering.
- Three Wise Men- (RETIRING) A classic favorite of frankincense, myrrh, patchouli and warm, powdery sandalwood
Not surprisingly, this one reminds me exactly of Christmas. I don’t know if it’s the frankincense, myrrh, or sandalwood, but the smell is very familiar to me, and makes me want to set up a nativity.
- Twigs and Berries- Rich currant is blended with soft woods, cinnamon and a hint of peach and orange
I can definitely smell the berries and orange, which mix together well. Blended with the earthy undertones and cinnamon, it’s reminiscent of mulled wine. The peach is subtle, but definitely there.
- Unscented- Same crelly magic without the scent
I really like that an unscented version is available, as I know a few people who are very sensitive to body products, and really have to limit what they try. It still smells light, fresh, and clean, without actually having a scent. And while this may not make sense to everyone, it almost smells soft to me.
I have also found out that as part of a mermaid themed indie box (which I am kind of wishing I had ordered, as the colors look amazing), they did a crelly called Mermaid Lagoon, “with a beach scent of warm sand, sea spray, salt, jasmine and mandarin.” Because that sounds absolutely delicious smelling, I asked if it was coming their website, and it turns out Mermaid Lagoon and Grapefruit Bellini (which was originally a custom) will be coming on March 15. I love citrus scents, so I’ll definitely be checking these out. That will bring the total to 30, and to my knowledge, that’s every crelly they’ve ever made. I hope if they ever do any more customs, they become available as well, because these crellies are to die for!
In terms of quality, it really is quite moisturizing. It includes Vitamin E, which I’ve found to be very effective in other Vitamin E creams I’ve used as well. I really like that they’ve added in that extra boost of nourishment, and I think it makes the product even better. I’ve been using mine on some rough, dry spots elsewhere on my hands the last few days, and it has really made a difference. The product absorbs into the skin fairly quickly, which prevents the look of having greasy fingers, but the smell lasts, which is great. Another thing I really like about the scents is that even the stronger smelling scents aren’t overpowering, and don’t bowl you over if you’re across the room. While very-scent sensitive people might have issues (as they would with virtually any product), I think you could use this at work, for example, without bothering others nearby. All in all, a great product!
If you’ve made it all the way to the end of this post, thanks for sticking with me! When you have a collect them all mentality, you really have to be careful about what products you fall in love with, but I’m totally sold on these. Who knows, I may even see if they’ll do a custom citrus-focused scent someday. I just love lemony/limey fresh goodies. Oooh…citrus green tea would be amazing! I definitely recommend you check out Ever After Polish. I can’t wait to review some of their polishes and other beauty goodies!